Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Another lease on life

Into my mailbox a few weeks ago came an enquiry from our landlord.... did we wish to extend our lease another year? The new start date will be August 1st, which happens to be my 60th birthday.

There's not much mileage conversationally in angst-ing over aging, I find. It's irrelevant to the young and gets no sympathy from people further down the path. But I can write it in my own blog for Pete's sake can't I?!  I'm approaching this milestone with a mixture of shock (looking in the mirror) and awe (not having expected to get this far, coming from a very dodgy gene pool) and the predictable resolve to live a healthier life, be a nicer person etc etc while covertly reaching for a wine glass. Nothing new here.

So YES, we do want to extend our lease thank you, and I took a walk around in the sunshine to think about things and be grateful for the approach of both another decade and another year here.








4 comments:

  1. So good to see a post ... congrats on the big 6-0 .... and another year with great architecture ... in more ways than one ... :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Teresa! I'm catching up on your beautiful posts too.

      Delete
  2. 60 is a great milestone...and you are looking fabulous ! Mine is also approaching ( 6 months time) and I'm planning a huge celebration. It's great to reach it, as the alternative is not good !! How wonderful to extend your lease in such a great place. jx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, Janice, and I couldn't agree more.... aiming to live as long as possible!!!

      Delete